King Prawn Tikka Massala
Its Curry night and there are literally hundreds of both prawn or stunning chickpea and more traditional Indian style vegetarian curries such as Chana Rogan Josh which is probably the nicest and healthiest all round Indian curry you can have, served with fresh naan bread. Prawn Kashmir is a milder curry if you like it sweet. Be careful and ask any good Indian to advise you. If you want to cook here is our recipe for another wonder meal…the seminal King Prawn Tikka Massala!
- A £3 bag of frozen king prawns, thoroughly defrosted, or £5 of fresh king prawns unshelled.
- 1 lime, 3 cloves of garlic, a teaspoon of ground chilli pepper, lge spoonful of ginger
- 1 large tub of yoghurt
- A few tablespoons of oil
- Defrost and grill your king prawns lightly for 10 minutes, dipped in oil sprinkled in black pepper. Then lightly fry them in the wok as you
- sort out your sauce…
- Crush your garlic. Add a teaspoon of ginger to yoghurt.
- Add the olive oil, some lime juice and chilli or curry powder.
- Red colouring can be added.
- Add to prawns.
- Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minute & serve with boiled basmati rice or naan.